We’ve got some exciting news!! Kimber just sent over some basic information on their 2010 additions. We don’t have spec sheets or photos yet but we’ll post any information we can get our hands on… Below is a list of the new models being added to the 2010 Kimber 1911 lineup:
TLE II Family
- Ultra TLE II – MFG # 3200242 – Obviously this will be a 3″ TLE II with a blue finish, night sights, and frontstrap checkering
- Ultra TLE II (LG) – Crimson Trace Lasergrips – MGF # 3200241 – Same 3″ model as above but this will have the Crimson Trace lasergrips instead of the standard rubber grips native to the TLE line
- Stainless Ultra TLE II – MGF # 3200239 – Again – this is going to be a 3″ model with a stainless frame, night sights, and frontstrap checkering
- Stainless Ultra TLE II (LG) – Crimson Trace Lasergrips – MFG # 3200244 – just like the Ultra TLE II LG but in a stainless finish
- Stainless Pro TLE II – MFG # 3200238 – This is a 4″ TLE with a stainless finish and full size grips – frontstrap checkering and night sights are standard
- Stainless Pro TLE II (LG) – Crimson Trace Lasergrips – MFG # 3200237 – like the above model but add the Crimson Trace lasergrips
CDP II Family
- Ultra CDP II (LG) – Crimson Trace Lasergrips – take the 3″ Custom Shop Ultra CDP II and add a pair of lasergrips – all other features will be the same
Super Carry – NEW FAMILY
- Super Carry Ultra – MFG # 3200248
- Super Carry Pro – MFG # 3200247
- Super Carry Custom – MFG # 3200246
- Ultra RCP II – MFG # 3200243 – Much like the previous model of RCP but this one is going to have a hammer – this model doesn’t have sights
- Centennial Edition – MFG # 3200249 – this is going to be a really fancy 5″ model with a lot of bluing and probably engraving – MSRP is $4,352
- Stainless Pro Carry II (LG) – MFG # 3200133
- Ultra Carry II with night sights and LG – MFG # 3200134
- SIS Line – the full SIS line is being discontinued!
As soon as we can obtain additional information about these models, we’ll update this post and the blog. We will have all of these models on order at open of business January 1, 2010 – this is the earliest they can be ordered. As we receive these models, we’ll add them to the store with custom photos.
In addition to the new pistols, there are a lot of updates to the rifle line as well as Kimber’s accessories. We’ll post some limited information about these changes to the line.
Update (12-23-09 @ 4:02 PM CST):
We’ve got some more information on a few of the models being released….
- Ultra TLE & Stainless Ultra TLE (both with and without Crimson Trace) – these models will have an alloy frame, 30 lines per inch front strap checkering, a Kimpro coating on the blue model, and a carbon-steel slide.
- The Stainless Pro TLE will have a stainless steel frame and slide, rubber grips.
- The Stainless Pro TLE II with Crimson Trace will have black/gray Crimson Trace grips.
- The Super Carry family – the three models in this line will all have alloy frames, a recessed slide stop hole like on the Crimson Carry II family, a high cut lower trigger guard like on the newest Gold Combat II models, a melt finish & silver KimPro on the frame with black KimPro on the slide making this a two tone gun, Wood Micarta Grips – Linville color (new color for Kimbers), and a bobbed mainspring housing. The sights will have a cocking shoulder like the SIS line, ambidextrous safety, and new cocking serrations called Super Carry Serrations. These serrations will look similar to those on the Raptor slide but sharper and reversed in direction.
- The Ultra CDP with Crimson Trace will have a suggested retail price of $1,603.